Welcome to Shamron Beach 705
7650 Estero Blvd Unit 705, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
Owned and Managed by: Steve and Linda Pelton
Thank you for visiting our condo at Shamron Beach for your incredible vacation on Fort Myers Beach!
We are more than pleased to share our home with you in the hopes that you enjoy it as much as we do – it’s not just the home that we love, it’s also the LOCATION right on the beach! You are only steps away from just about anything you want to do! That said; we do hope you treat it like your home and treat things like they are your own.
First visit information:
You can park in any open space in the parking lot, but not under the building.
Check with Steve & Linda to get codes for main entrance, the door to unit 705 as well as the Wi-Fi password.
Once you arrive, please give the property a once-over to make sure everything below is in order. Once you get into the unit, please follow these steps to open up the condo:
- Turn on the water value to the water heater by pulling the lever towards you, in line with the pipe.
- Turn on the power to the water heater at the fuse box, which is hidden behind a large framed picture across from the refrigerator. Lift the picture up to take it off the hook. Open the electrical panel and turn on the water heater – see Red Dot.
- Open the 3 hurricane shutters with the switch on the north wall of the lanai, push switch up to lift. Switch back to the middle to stop the motor when the hurricane shutter reaches the top.
- Find the manual crank in the corner. One end fits into the big pin in the corner with the 2 small alignment pins to hold it tight. Turn the crank to lift the hurricane shutter. Be gentle to not pull out the screws.
- Adjust air conditioning temperature.
- Lower the bar in the freezer to start making ice.
- Pull the chains to start the fans in the living room, master bedroom and lanai.
A set of keys is available in the fish bowl on the bookcase. The set includes a key to the condo, the storage unit (705) and a master key to enter the pool area, common party room and gate entry to the beach. You will want to have these keys with you when you leave the building in case you forget the entry code and/or want to go to the pool. Remember to return the keys to the fish bowl at the time of your departure.
Please no suntan lotions and wet clothing on any furniture. Also, please wash any sand off your feet and body before coming into house….there is a shower outside by the pool and by the beach access so you can rinse off your feet and shoes.
The kitchen has everything you will need for your stay as well – including dishes, glasses, pots, pans, etc. along with appliances.
The beds have new mattresses and are very comfortable. The master bedroom has a new SleepIQ bed. You can find the control on the night stand. Both sides should be set at 100 (most firm), use the control to soften the bed on each side to as you are comfortable.
There is plenty of closet and drawer space in each of the bedrooms. Sheets will be clean when you arrive. Beach towels are in both bedroom closets as well as bath towels (don’t take bath towels to the beach or pool). Please try to reuse or wash/dry for future use.
Absolutely NO SMOKING to include E cigarettes (inside the condo, on the lanai or outside the property including pool area) and NO PETS.
Maximum of 4 additional guests including children and infants are allowed. Our condo is in a quiet residential building, so please be respectful and courteous to our neighbors. Bugs are prevalent in Florida. The Condo Association has an exterminator spray inside all condos every two months. Because insects are prevalent, wipe up all spills right away- especially on the lanai, kitchen and bathrooms.
- Please no suntan lotions and wet clothing on any furniture.
- Please wash any sand off your feet and body before coming into the house….there is a shower by the pool and near the beach access so you can rinse off your feet and shoes.
- The kitchen has everything you will need for your stay as well – including dishes, glasses, pots, pans, etc. along with appliances.
- We have a washer and dryer in the condo for your use. Please use the garment bag (provided) for underwire bras and anything that may get tangled up with other garments. Detergent and dryer on on the shelf next to the washer. Clean out the lint trap before each dryer load. We prefer you not leave the condo while clothes are washing.
- Please no food in the bedrooms.
- There is plenty of closet and drawer space in the bedrooms for your use.
- Sheets will be clean when you arrive.
- Beach towels are in the master bedroom closet as well as bath towels. Do not take bath towels to the pool or beach. Please try to reuse or wash/dry for future use.
- If Linda & Steve are not planning to be at the condo soon after your departure, please wash all bedding and towels. Bed should be made and ready for our next guests. Dishes need to be washed and put away. Bathroom should be scoured and floors mopped/vacuumed. Please work with Linda & Steve to coordinate.
- Recyclables can be mixed in the can in the pantry, please empty recyclables in the dumpster under the building on the south side of the elevator. Place flattened cardboard boxes in the dumpster as well. No plastic garbage bags in the dumpster – there is a garbage can to the side for the plastic garbage bags.
- There is a trash shoot on each floor, across from the elevators. All garbage bags must be tied tight to prevent garbage from coming lose.
- Please turn thermostat above 75 if you will be gone for extended periods of time. Do not have the AC on and the lanai doors open. A good temperature setting with all window and doors closed is 72 during the day and 68 at night. The humidistat should be set in the “ON” position.
- The TV in the living room is a Roku Smart TV and both TVs have access to DirecTV. To turn on the TV in the living room, press the On button on the DirecTV remote which turns on the TV and the DirecTV box. Next press the Home button on the Roku remote twice. Using the Roku remote, select the HDMI 3 (ARC) option to bring up DirecTV. Press Guide on the DirecTV remote to see the available channels. To access Netflix, press the Netflix button on the Roku remote.
- There are many extra amenities as well for your enjoyment! Feel free to use anything you wish and take good care.
- We have a storage unit (key is on the kitchen counter) on the north end of the lower level number 705.
- In the condo and/or storage unit you will find:
- Beach chairs
- Beach umbrella
- A beach cart to carry everything on your short walk to the beach or shopping
- Various toys and games you can play at home or on the beach
- Coolers (hard & soft side) are in the hall closet close to the door of the condo. Ice packs are in the freezer.
- For beach access, please follow the environmental rules. Do not go into the Estuary. Walk north of the condo building to find the pathway to the beaches on the Gulf.
Condo Association Rules – must follow
- Please sign the sign-in guest book in the Lobby when you arrive
- Please leave sand, water, beach shells outside. Do not bring them into the condo, lobby, elevator or walkways.
- Use the shower/faucet located on the beach side of the building to remove sand from feet, shoes, chairs and other items when returning from the beach.
- Lounge chairs are provided by the condo can be used at the beach, but must be returned.
- Follow rules posted in the pool area.
- Please do not bring food or glass containers in the pool area
- Do not hang towels or any laundry on the outside walkway railing
- Do not place items outside unit doors or block walkways
- Turn off the condo water valve in the unit if gone more than one day
- No smoking in community room or elevators.
- The community room is available for use, but you are responsible for repairs/clean-up as a result of activities by renters, guests, workers and themselves
- Sound carries. Do not have loud conversations in the walkway or on the lanai.
- When possible do not do laundry, use trash chutes, have radios/TV/ stereo turned too loud after 10:00pm.
Thank you. We appreciate your enjoying our FMB home!